I frequently receive requests to help find a lost dog or cat—a service that I don’t offer as a healer/animal communicator.
However, I have had enough experience with lost animals both personally and professionally to be able to offer some general support and guidance for anyone that finds themselves in the nightmarish situation of not knowing what has happened to their animal companion.
1. Don’t panic, and do get support for yourself during this difficult time. Your animal companion has a heart-to-heart connection with you. If you stay calm and balanced your mutual energetic connection can enable them to stay calm as well. Given the amazing awareness of energy that animals have, that connection may help them find their way back to you, rather than the other way around.
2. Understand your animal as an individual. Unless your companion has been abducted, chances are good that he/she is somewhere in reasonably close proximity. Your companion may have gotten trapped in someone’s garage or may be hiding in any number of small places. If frightened or injured they will most likely NOT respond to being called; you are going to have to find them.
How an animal responds to a given situation varies by species and individual. I often refer people to Missing Pet Partnership because their experience in tracking lost animals has enabled them to understand and create personality profiles. In their Recovery Tips you can determine what type personality your dog or cat is and receive customized information on how to conduct a search. They also offer great advice on the best ways to spread the word about your missing loved one. Depending on where you live pet detective services may also be available.
3. Consult a lost pet professional. The ability to connect, and have a conversation with an animal does not require that you know exactly where they are. Most animal communicators offer phone sessions and work from a photo. However, in my humble opinion lost animal sessions are a specialty, requiring a somewhat different approach than a standard animal communication session. I usually refer people to Animal Communication Practitioners and Resources (ACERS) which maintains an up-to-date list of lost animal specialists and resources.
4. Don’t forget what you know.
• Never underestimate the power of prayer and intention, ask for assistance from your guides/higher source. Remember to remain open to the many possibilities—this is about what is best for your companion.
• Are you a Reiki practitioner? Offer yourself Reiki first so that you are grounded, balanced and centered. Then do your best to let go of any attachment to the outcome and send Reiki to the situation for the highest healing good. If you are part of a Reiki community ask others to do the same.
• Are you versed in shamanic practices? Ask your power animals and the spirit world for assistance. I have witnessed some truly amazing events and occurrences when the energetic/spiritual approach is included.
My very best wishes for a swift reunion for all who seek and for those who are sought. May utilizing these all-inclusive approaches—mental, emotional, physical and energetic—help you turn sorrowful lost into happy ending found!
Learn how to connect more deeply with animals, restore balance to your life, increase intuitive skills, and help heal the Earth with live Reiki and shamanic teleclasses, available worldwide.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
You are welcome to share this article with others by email, on your blog or to your mailing list so long as you leave it intact and do not alter it in any way. All links must remain in the article. And, you must include the copyright notice and the bio.
©2017 Rose De Dan. All Rights Reserved. www.reikishamanic.com
A WILD WAY TO HEAL
Rose De Dan, Wild Reiki and Shamanic Healing LLC, is an animal communicator, Reiki Master Teacher, shamanic energy healer, and author. Her classes, sessions and ceremonial work are inspired by wild and domestic animals who have issued a call to action for personal and global healing.
Her book Tails of a Healer: Animals, Reiki and Shamanism features heartwarming stories about animals and their role in her evolution as an energy worker and shamanic healer.